John Dowling Falconry Ltd holds a 3 year Animal Activities License (No.19/00493AWACT) valid until 17/07/2022.
All of our upcoming shows and events for 2020 have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
We offer informative and immersive flying displays working with a specialised team of birds, chosen for the size and features of the area assigned to us
The demonstration can be adapted to suit:
- A particular duration to fit in with time schedules
- The age range of the audience
- The amount of audience participation and ‘hands on’ opportunities
- The focus of the talk e.g. history of falconry, birds of prey and their adaptations, training processes, raptor conservation
Before the event, we will visit the venue to see the space and evaluate how we can bring the best out of our birds for the display, bearing in mind any features of the area and potential hazards. Particular species of birds require a certain amount of space in order to fly safely, so we prefer to discuss potential options with our clients on location in order to avoid disappointment.
From 2019, we are proud to be affiliated with the charity VulPro, a fantastic conservation effort rescuing and rehabilitating wild African Vultures. Kaburi, our Hooded Vulture, is an amazing ambassador for his wild cousins, with many people finding a new passion for vultures after witnessing his buckets of personality! All donations collected on our stand are sent over to the charity at the end of each season.
To find out more about VulPro and the incredible work they do, visit their website here.
Why choose us?
- Full 3 Year Animal Activities License
- Public Liability Insurance
- Employee Liability Insurance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Adaptable and knowledgeable falconers who are passionate about birds of prey and their conservation
- A variety of beautiful birds of prey, including Owls, Falcons, Hawks and our popular Hooded Vulture
- Risk assessments and other documents can be provided on request
- We put our birds’ welfare first!
As well as flying demonstrations, our team can provide educational and interactive static displays. An experienced falconer will be on hand at all times to answer questions and allow visitors to have a closer look at our magnificent birds of prey. Activities such as colouring in sheets and pencils are also provided, as well as fact sheets about wild bird recognition and falconry equipment. Our static display setup can be varied according to the space and location we are given; such as including a separate secure weathering for the birds or a hands on activity table for children.
We have provided displays for a variety of events ranging from large country fairs to village festivals and school fetes.
“John Dowling Falconry Ltd provided us with a static display at the British Falconry & Raptor Fair 2019. John and Michaela were both passionate and knowledgeable about falconry and birds of prey (no easy feat to talk to an audience full of falconers) at the Midland Game Fair 2019 they offered to do both a static and flying display. The commentary covered species flown, conservation, falconry and aspects of training hawks for falconry. I cannot recommend them enough!!”
Interested in adding a memorable and unique display to your event?
It is never too early for us to discuss dates with you. We can be booked 7 days a week, 365 days a year.